Saturday, December 09, 2006

 

The clock is ticking

Dear friends,

After a stressful week fighting Brazilian bureaucracy, we are all set now. A final check-up on the car was concluded. I will travel with spare parts, extra oil, fuses and things, all kindly explained by the wonderful people at Land Brazil (Jairo rocks!!!), and today I am packing my luggage. I checked all my photography equipment, (two Canon Eos-1V bodies, lenses are: 20-35, 24-70, 70-200 mm, all f/2.8, a 50mm f/2.5, a TS-90 f/2.8, a 200mm f/2.8, a tele converter, polarizers and filters and a lot more, like tripods and flashes.) and stored it in two watertight Pelican cases. Picked up 20 packs of Fuji Provia 100 slides, and another 20 packs of Fuji Reala film. Then I spent almost three hours importing coordinates, routes and waypoints into my GPS.

I am planning to get myself at the Duty Free Shop at the Brazilian-Argentinean border a small digital camera, like a Sony Cybershot or so, just to be able to make pictures for the weblog. Tuesday morning the adventure begins, and I hope you all think of us, and maybe say a little prayer sometime.

I thank you all for your kind words I received in my email, and send all my best regards to all of you. As Chris Mc Candless in John Krakauer´s book “Into The Wild” stated:


“I now walk into the wild”



Comments:
Hey, Jeroen!

That looks pretty wild to me, cousin. May the blessings of the Old Roads be upon you, and always help you to find the right way to go.

If while on this trip to everywhere, you'll need any advise on religious matters, like Candomclé, Vodou, Santeria, Lucumi, Obeah, Winti, and the lot, count me in. Even from the far-off Netherlands it'll work.

Season's Greetings, and may the Loa, the Orixa, the Orisha, and the Fodoe, so, the dieties of all these wonderful religions, guard your path.

Maria
(cousin, daughter of one of your mother's sisters)
 
Ha! En in het kader van familie, ook mijn 2 cents. Want ik zie tot mijn verbazing dat mijn achterneef (die ik voor het laatst gezien heb in...uhh..1987?) onwijs metal is! Wat een geweldige tattoos...

Heel veel succes met jullie reis en ik hoop je nog eens echt te spreken, aan welke kant van welke oceaan dan ook.

Catharina

(dochter van Maria, zie boven, dus je achternichtje!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?